In the past two years I began delving into Project Life and all it has to offer. It is the very clever invention of Betsy Higgins. BTW, her website is a wealth of crafting tips! Like many crafters Project Life appeals to, I love documenting my experiences and treasured memories but don’t always work well under the pressure of having to find creative ways to dress my pages. I’m a novice level crafter who started not too long ago so I don’t have an arsenal of crafting skills under my belt or the supplies to go with it, nor want to due to space limitations. Project Life has been a great fit for me in the craft projects I have endeavored to complete in countless ways…
- My pages look beautiful with minimal effort
- Affords me a potentially quicker process time overall; no more big backlogs for me ;)!
- I can choose to further embellish or not (a potentially neater process as well). The cards come pre-printed with very cute or pretty designs. Many are even lined for easy writing.
- The pages can lay flatter with less layers of embellishment (I very often tended to overstuff)
- I can concentrate on my documentation without becoming overwhelmed with decorating the pages; this was a big point of frustration for me.
- the kits are reasonably priced (I prefer the smaller Value & Mini Kits over the Core Kits)
- I can use 6×8 albums instead of the huge 12×12 albums
- the supplies are stocked by many retailers
- I can change the pages/themes much more easily than if I used the traditional scrapbooking method
- I can easily make my own cards with a paper cutter, patterned cardstock, and the optional corner punch
- I haven’t tried this yet but there’s an option to have digital PL albums made then sent right to your doorstep
- The supplies are easily transportable to craft crops etc.
Recently, I was researching ways to print pictures from my phone on a whim (I’m mainly an iPhone photographer *blush*) and found an affordable, light-weight option called the HP Sprocket. It uses Zink photo paper. Since my birthday is coming up in June, it makes a most opportune time and excuse for me to buy it :). I was considering other similar devices but overall I was most impressed with it. I’m including a link so you can see for yourself if you’re at all curious.
HP Sprocket: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Sprocket-Portable-Printer-sticky-backed/dp/B01LBWELHI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495486507&sr=8-3&keywords=HP+Sprocket
HP Sprocket Case: https://www.amazon.com/Storage-Carrying-Polaroid-Sprocket-Portable/dp/B01MTBG9SL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495486507&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=HP+Sprocket&psc=1
HP Sprocket Demonstration versus Other Similar Devices: https://youtu.be/mfs2qIaN11s
*Photo Credit: Hewlett-Packard Development Company