The first batch of picante style sauce I made was a Part 1 of a Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad recipe. Since I needed only one cup of sauce for the pasta salad, I used the rest as salsa dip for tortilla chips. May I add, a great snack for watching football =) I still have a bunch of tortilla chips left so I decided to make some more dip to have with it. Afterall, tortillas are kind of blah without any dip =(. I couldn’t find the exact picante recipe I originally used but overall remembered the ingredients.
- 1 Spanish onion (medium) cubed
- 1 Red bell pepper cubed
- 1 Green bell pepper cubed
- 1 Cup of cilantro (you may use less; I just love cilantro so I tend to put more in, plus by the time you get rid of the stems and chop it up, there’s barely much left)
- 2 Cans of diced tomatoes (I only kept 3/4 can’s worth of tomato juice)
- 1 Tiny can of tomato paste
- Several pieces of jalapeno peppers (bottled) chopped fine (you may want to use more or less depending on how mild or hot you want it)
- Salt, pepper, & sugar to taste
I’m munching on it right now. So delicious!
*I will try to include a picture of it soon =)