Before there was My Little Pony, there was My Pretty Pony 10″ (introduced in 1981)…..
Image: Traditional farm horse, reminding me of a Haflinger Gelding
- Brown Version: Earth-tone body colors; brown with a white blaze on her face and white markings on her legs.
- Pink Version: Fawn with white blaze on her face.
- Brown Version: Light tan (deep golden blonde)
- Pink Version: Pink
- Brown Version: Hazel
- Pink Version: Blue
- Brown Version: None; however, an alternate version has a large round marking on both hips.
- Pink Version: Group of pink hearts.
Production: This version was the only one to be produced by the Hasbro subsidiary, Romper Room.
Features: Under her chin is a trigger, and when pulled it, My Pretty Pony twitches her ears, winks her left eye, and swishes her tail.
- Brown Version: Western-style hat (white with red & white gingham band; “ROMPER ROOM” logo printed on band), red blanket, blue grooming brush & comb, and ribbons (blue, purple, red).
- Pink Version: Lavender blanket, western hat (which could either be tied with the purple ribbon that was included or with a knotted piece of string (not included), three hair ribbons (white yellow, aqua), and purple grooming brush & comb.
*Re-released version of My Pretty Pony included a baby pony (Butterscotch). The set was called My Pretty Pony & Beautiful Baby.
*Photocredit: KimSites.net & My Little Pony Arena