Granted that this post is quite a deviation from my usual, I promise it to be well worth it…
I had taken a journaling course fairly recently and though I love paper products and writing into a tangible journal (whether homemade or not), I figured that a digital journal for Apple users would suit my needs best.Â After a week of research, I concluded that MacJournal by Mariner Software might be just the program for me.Â I was so impressed with the free 15 day trial that I just purchased the MJ download this morning so I thought I’d share this discovery with you.Â Here are some of the highlights I love about the software:
- A variety of icons to mark your entries and journals with the option to use one of your own.
- Add a mood e.g. happy, so-so, etc. to your entries.
- Sort your journals by topic, date, mood, content size, and more.
- Use the Statistics Menu to view words, characters and lines in an entry.
- Timer to monitor yourself.
- Select the Timeline Mode to view your daily writing activity chronologically or the Calendar Mode to see your entries by month and year.
- A Full Screen Mode to give you a full writing landscape for all your thoughts, choosing your own color background, and your own color of type.
- Privacy and public settings
- Your MacJournal entries can be published to any of the popular blogging services such as Blogger, WordPress, LiveJournal, Tumblr, and more.
- MacJournal is equipped with two-level security â€“ password protection and AES-256 encryption.
- As for mobile journaling…Â it’s available for iPad & iPhones =)
- It’s reasonably priced though you will have to pay for updated versions like most other programs
- Local info storage versus remote storage
Happy journaling ;)…..
*Photocredit & Reference: Mariner Software & MacWorld.com