Recently something made me think of My Little Pony (btw, special post in the making on this topic); probably a longing for simpler times. In the early ’80s, my sister and I were both given MLPs by our parents as Christmas? gifts. She had Firefly (pegasus) while I chose Glory (unicorn). They were some of the best Hasbro toys we ever received. I also had a fascination with Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin but never owned either of those dolls. Later we moved onto Cabbage Patch Kids. Since I’m five years older than my sister, she graduated to the Jem & The HoloGrams, Popples, and Troll Dolls phase while I became more interested with clothing and makeup.
Highlights of Toys etc. I Cherished:
- Fashion Plates
- Fisher Price Doctor’s Kit
- Kenner Darci Doll (blonde version) *Jem dolls share the same mould as Aunt Darci.
- Barbie (blonde version)
- Barbie Colorforms
- Raggedy Ann
- My Little Pony (Glory, unicorn)
- Cabbage Patch Kids (Catherine Delta, blonde pigtails version); ♥ Toys R Us!
- Anything from Sanrio, especially stickers
- Science Discovery Set (microscope set)
- Hasbro Fresh N’ Fancy
- Kenner Spirograph
*Photocredit: Various Sources
*One of the most comprehensive doll blogs I’ve found online: Doll Links Blogspot